When evaluating authority and/or accuracy, always consider the following:
- Whose page is it? Go to the “About” page on the site. Search whoxy.com to see if registry info is public.
- Is the domain name a .edu, .gov, .mil?
- Do you recognize the agency, institution, individual? Check Source Watch from the Center for Media and Democracy.
- Is their work a peer-reviewed, edited scholarly publication or reference work.
- If the page sources the info, go to the source.
- Is the info current? Always look for the most recent info from a primary source.
- Recognize parody, trolls or bias
[widgets_on_pages id=”Lesson Segments FC Sidebar”]